Exception Code 0xc0000005 is one of the most commonly occurring errors that pop up in any version of Windows operating system. When this error occurs, it restricts you from executing any process that you initiate. This error might occur in your system at different moments. While doing regular computing tasks, whenever Windows try to access a location or data from a location, then this error occurs.
Apart from this, while installing the Windows OS or the latest updates for your system, this error might appear and disrupt the process. Even when you are trying to launch an application or program such as VLC, Google Chrome or any other, then also this error comes up.
If you are one of them who are facing this error in your system, then check out this article till the end. Here plenty of solutions have been discussed that will help you to get rid of this error code 0xc0000005.
Probable Causes That Lead to Exception Code 0xc0000005:
Before moving on to the solution part, it is effective to know the causes that might lead to this exception code 0xc0000005. So, let us discuss the critical scenarios and get a better understanding of the reasons responsible for this error to occur.
- Due to incorrect configuration of system hardware
- Either because of damaged /faulty RAM or low memory
- It might be because of damaged or corrupt system registry files
- Due to virus or malware infection.
- While installing any program, it is caused by incomplete, invalid or unsigned DLL files.
- Either because of missing or corrupt hardware drivers.
Easy Solutions to Fix Exception Code 0xc0000005 on Your Windows System:
The error code 0xc0000005 might often lead to data loss, if not resolved quickly. So, it is recommended to solve it as soon as possible. You can easily check out the below solutions that will help you to eliminate this error from your device.
But it is better to apply some troubleshooting steps before that. You can check for the presence of virus or malware in your system. If you find any, then you should delete them. Furthermore, you should also verify the strength of your internet connection and ensure that it is strong.
Also, if you find that any drivers are corrupt or outdated, then you must update the drivers and then check whether the error gets resolved. If it still persists, then move to the solution part.
Solution 1: Check your RAM
You need to check the RAM of your system to verify whether it is faulty or damaged. If you find that RAM is the culprit behind this exception code 0xc0000005, then switch off your device and replace the faulty RAM with another new one. Then turn on the device and you will find that this hardware problem is solved.
Solution 2: Repair your Registry Files
Serious system issues can also be caused due to corrupt registry files. So, if you have a backup of your registry files, then it is recommended to restore your system registry. But before proceeding further, take a note that modifying registry files is quite a complicated process and any invalid change in it might cause serious system consequences.
Therefore, before making any alterations, it is advised to backup your current registry files. Perform the listed below steps to fix registry files.
- Firstly, press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type regedit in it and hit the Enter button.
- Further, navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Applnit_Dlls
- Then go to the right pane and double click on LoadApplnit_DLLs.
- Further, modify the value from 1 to 0 and click on OK to confirm the alterations being made.
- Now, exit the Registry Editor Window and try to restart the system.
After completing the above steps, try to launch an application and check whether this error code 0xc0000005 hit the device or not.
Solution 3: Disable DEP
DEP or Data Execution Prevention is an in-built system-level security feature that protects your system from virus attack and other security threats. But some installed programs in your Windows are not compatible with this DEP feature in Windows and thus causes exception code 0xc0000005.
To resolve this error, you need to temporarily disable this DEP feature. This is how you can do so.
- At first, log into Windows as Administrator.
- Then press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box. There you have to type sysdm.cpl and hit the Enter button.
- Now, select the Advanced tab on the resultant system properties window and go to ‘Settings’.
- Next, hit the Data Execution Protection tab and select the ‘Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select’ option.
- Then click on the Add button and browse to add all the .exe files that are causing problems.
- Further, click on OK.
Now, close all the windows and restart the system. Further, try to run programs and check if this error still persists or is gone.
Solution 4: Run CHKDSK Utility
It is often found that the exception code 0xc0000005 is caused due to the bad sectors on the drive or due to corrupt hard drives. If this be the case, then you can easily fix it by running CHKDSK utility. Just what you need to do is, perform the steps stated hereunder.
- Turn on your computer and right-click on the Windows icon of the taskbar.
- From there, select Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell from the list.
- Now, open Command Prompt in Administrator mode and type “chkdsk X:/f/r”. Here you need to replace X with the hard drive that you will repair.
- Then hit the Enter key.
Hope that with the help of aforementioned solutions, you can effectively resolve this error from your device.
Also Visit: DNS Server Isn’t Responding
Also Visit: DNS Server Unavailable