Nvidia is the most popular brand for graphics cards. That is why people who require heavy graphics work like designers, developers, or gamers, choose Nvidia for their PC. However, being the most popular brand doesn’t mean there are no problems with it. Sometimes, you might turn on your computer and see the Nvidia Control Panel missing.
If that happens, then do not worry. This is a common problem that Nvidia Graphics Card users often face. And, in this blog, we have jotted down the solutions you can try when you see the Nvidia Control Panel missing on your Windows 10 PC.
Fix 1: Restart Nvidia Services
The first thing you need to do if you find that the Nvidia Control Panel missing is restart the services. Go through the following steps:
- First, press Windows + R keys together and open the Run dialogue box
- In the box, type services.msc and hit Enter
- Now, once you are inside the Services window, locate Nvidia
- For every single service, you find that has Nvidia in the name, click on them and select Restart.
When the Nvidia Services are not active on your PC, you might find some error codes on the screen. In that case,
- Go to the Start option and open Device Manager
- From there, select Display Adaptors
- Now, you need to locate the Nvidia Driver and uninstall it
- Once you’re done, restart your PC
This step will help you get back the Nvidia Control Panel that was missing. However, if this troubleshooting method fails to work, then continue with the next one.
Fix 2: Install Nvidia Control Panel App
Due to frequent complaints regarding Nvidia Control Panel missing issues, in Microsoft Store, there is an app. You can install this Nvidia Control Panel App to make your graphics card functional again.
- Navigate to the Start option and then expand Settings
- From there, locate and select the option Apps
- Now, you will find an option called Apps and Features on the left side of the menu
- From there, search for Nvidia Control Panel and uninstall it if you find it on your PC
- Now, open the Microsoft Store and install the Nvidia Control Panel app
With the Nvidia Control Panel App, hopefully, you will be able to use the PC again. However, if you don’t want to install the app from Microsoft Store, then try the next fix.
Fix 3: Manually Launch Nvidia Control Panel
You can launch the Nvidia Control Panel on your PC manually. Here are the steps for doing so:
- Begin by going to My Computer and then opening the C Drive
- From there, navigate to Program Files and look for a folder named Nvidia Corporation
- If you cannot find that, then look for the same folder in Program Files (x86)
- Upon finding Nvidia Corporation, locate and expand the option Control Panel Client
- Now, you have to look for a file named nvcplui
- Once you find it, right-click on the file and then select Run as Administrator
When you’re done, you will be able to launch the Nvidia Control Panel. For ease, you can create a shortcut of the Control Panel on the home screen as well.
Fix 4: Check if the Nvidia Control Panel is Hidden
Sometimes, you might see the Nvidia Control Panel missing just because it is hidden. In that case, you can unhide it.
- First of all, open Control Panel by using Run Dialogue Box
- Then, click on the View option and select Large Icons
- After that, locate Nvidia Control Panel and double-click on it
- From there, look for the option saying Desktop or View and click on it upon finding
- Now, you need to click on the option Add Desktop Context Menu from the drop-down list
Once you are done, restart your PC and check if you can find the Nvidia Control Panel now.
Fix 5: Update the Graphics Card
Often, you find the Nvidia Control Panel missing because of an outdated version of the Graphics Card. So, you can try to update the driver to resolve the issue.
- In order to begin, press Windows + X together and open Device Manager
- Once you are inside Device Manager, locate Display Adaptors
- Upon finding it, expand the menu to locate Nvidia Graphics Card Driver
- Then, right-click on the driver and select Update Driver
- Now, as you see a window appearing saying “Search automatically for updated driver software”, click on it
- At last, you have to follow the on-screen guide and once you are done, you have to restart the device
Updating the driver should resolve the Nvidia Control Panel missing issue. If not, then you can install the driver.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Nvidia Driver
If updating the driver doesn’t help, then the last thing you can try is reinstalling it.
- Press Windows + X and open Device Manager
- Navigate to Display Adaptors and locate the Graphics Card Driver
- Uninstall the driver upon finding it
- Then, restart your PC and open Nvidia – Download Driver website
- In the website, look for the driver using product type, series, and number
- Once you find the Graphics Card Driver you were using, download and install it following the on-screen guide
When the procedure is complete, you have to restart the computer. This should resolve the Nvidia Control Panel missing issue.
We wish that this blog was helpful for you in resolving the Nvidia Control Panel missing. If you are still facing the issue, then you can seek help from Nvidia support. And if you have any other tips, then share that with us in the comment section.