Whenever a technical glitch occurs, people wish they could have the proper knowledge to fix them right away. However, you can solve technical issues without taking any professional support. Only you need to know the correct ways of getting them fixed. Discord screenshare no audio has been concerning users for quite many days. This problem has been reported to occur on Windows 7, 8, and 10 Operating Systems.
If Discord seems to bother you often, then look for the solutions given in the latter part of this article. Before jumping on to the solutions, let’s discuss how Discord screenshare audio. Discord is a VoIP application and communication platform for gaming apps. Gamers can chat with each other and share audio, video, and text with Discord. Although it was originally created for games, it facilitates communication between gamers as well.
What can be the Possible Reasons behind Discord Screenshare No Audio?
Go through the following factors to identify which of them is causing this inconvenience.
- Since Discord is a sound-based app, you will face issues due to an outdated or corrupted audio driver.
- Another application might interfere with the working of the Discord on your computer.
- An antivirus program might conflict with Discord and affect its functionalities.
- The audio error occurs in a screen share if it is incompatible with the screen sharing mechanism.
- Temporary files and folders accumulate in the discord cache during the passage of use. You might encounter audio issues if you don’t clear the Discord cache for long.
- The program you want to share is unavailable in Discord.
- Moreover, the problem might arise from your Discord voice settings as well.
- If everything is fine, then the problem lies with the Discorded app itself.
Workable Fixes for Discord Screenshare No Audio:
Here are some fixes that are simple to apply and resolve the Discord screenshare no audio issue asap.
Fix 1: Update Audio Drivers
First, you need to ensure that your computer has a good audio driver. You can move on to other solutions only if the audio drivers are up to date. Testing and downloading the latest version of the audio driver can be stressful. Thus, you can take the help of Driver Booster. It is one of the top tools for checking and updating audio drivers. Let’s see how you can use the Driver Booster tool.
- First, close all programs running in the background of your PC.
- Search for Driver Booster on the internet and download it on your computer.
- Navigate to the location where the file is downloaded. Next, run the file to install the Driver Booster on your system.
- Double-click on the tool and click the ‘Scan Now’ button.
- The tool will scan the audio driver along with other drivers installed on your PC.
- The tool will detect problematic drivers if any.
- Now, click the Update button next to the sound, game, and video controller options.
- In order to save time, select the Update button on the popup dialogue box.
After fixing the missing, outdated, and corrupted drivers, restart the system and log into Discord. Proceed to the next solution in case the problem persists.
Fix 2: Clear Discord Cache
- Launch the Run application and enter “%appdata%” in it.
- As a new window appears, right-click on Discord and choose the Delete option.
- After clearing the entire cache, relaunch Discord and share your computer screen.
Fix 3: Add the Required Program
- Open the Discord app and click the Settings icon.
- Search for the App Settings and select Game Activity under it.
- Click the drop-down menu and select the program you are trying to share.
- Turn on the Add On icon next to the Overlay option for adding it to Discord.
Fix 4: Uninstall Problematic Applications
Try to recall whether the problem Discord screenshare no audio has started after installing one or more applications. If so, then find out those applications as mentioned below and remove them from your computer.
- Look for the Control Panel in the Windows search bar.
- Access the Control Panel window and choose Programs.
- Click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link and right-click on the application you think to be problematic.
- Click OK on the pop-up window to confirm the uninstallation process.
- Open the Discord app and see whether the problem persists or not.
- Go back to the Control Panel and repeat the uninstallation steps for other applications installed on your system.
- Continue the process until and unless you find the problematic application/applications.
Note: Follow the same procedure to uninstall any antivirus available on your PC. Reinstall the applications if they are not found to be associated with the audio issue.
Fix 5: Reset Discord Voice Settings
- Launch Discord, locate the Settings icon and select the Voice and Video option.
- Click Reset Voice Settings and tap the ‘OK’ button.
- Hope, you will be able to share your computer screen now.
Fix 6: Uninstall and Reinstall Discord
Reinstall the Discorder app if none of the above solutions can fix this issue. You can do that by the steps given under.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to open the Run application.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the Run application and hit Enter.
- As the Application Manager window opens, select the Discord application.
- Click on Uninstall and the OK to remove the app from your computer.
- Visit the official website of Discord and download its latest version.
- Finally, complete the installation with on-screen instructions.
- Restart the system to ensure that Discord screenshare no issue is gone.
The aforesaid solutions have already worked with several Discord users. So, hopefully, they are going to work for you too. Only, you need to identify the issue and implement the correct solution for Discord screenshare no audio.
Also Visit: ADOBE GC INVOKER UTILITY