A brain tumor is a condition of a mass or growth of the abnormal cells in the brain. There are various kinds of brain tumors, some of which are considered to be cancerous (malignant) while others are totally non-cancerous (benign) in nature. Brain tumors traditionally begin in the brain. However, sometimes it could begin in other parts of the body and spread to the brain. Brain cancer treatment is possible after diagnosing the stage and the gravity of cancer that a person is suffering from.
The best treatment for cancer in India is possible in leading cancer hospitals. According to the doctors, how quickly brain tumors grow could vary greatly. The location, as well as the growth rate of the brain tumor, usually determines how the tumor is going to affect the whole nervous system of the body. The best treatment for cancer in India depends upon the type of the brain tumor, its size as well as the location.
Symptoms of brain tumor:
The signs, as well as symptoms of a brain tumor, depends upon the location, rate of growth as well as the size of the tumor. General signs and symptoms of a brain tumor include the following:
- Headaches which become frequent and severe.
- Change in the pattern of headaches.
- Vision problems including blurred vision, double vision or loss of peripheral vision
- Loss of sensation or movement in the arm or leg
- Difficulty in terms of balance.
- Difficulty in terms of speech
- Changes in behavior or personality
- Confusion in everyday matters.
- Hearing problems.
Brain cancer treatment is only possible after cancer has been diagnosed in the brain/body. If you are having a brain problem.
Here are the following tests and procedures are recommended to diagnose the problem:
- A neurological examination is performed by a neurologist, which involves auditory, balance, sight, strength, coordination, and alertness. Difficulty in one or more areas could provide clues about the part of the brain likely to be affected by a tumor.
- Various imaging tests are carried out the most common of which is a magnetic resonance imaging or MRI. Other imaging tests carried out to diagnose brain tumor include computerized tomography, positron emission tomography, etc.
- If the brain tumor has not traditionally developed in the brain, but suspected to have spread from other parts of the body, then the tests such as CT or PET scan.
Risk factors associated with a brain tumor:
In most people who are suffering from primary brain tumors, the cause of the tumor is very unambiguous. However, there are a number of risk factors available to cancer, which tend to spread it more and more. we can extreme exposure to radiation is more prone to having a brain tumor with the help of this process. Another risk factor of brain tumor is the family history of a person.
After diagnosing cancer, you can start the brain cancer treatment. The symptoms and diagnosis of brain tumor are very tricky. Upon facing the situation, the doctors usually consider more common causes before they jump to the conclusion of diagnosing brain tumor to a patient.