Adobe GC Invoker Utility is similar to an external program or add-on that helps in increasing the performance of the main Adobe’s software. Often when you run this program at the start-up, it might pose risk to your PC. If you ever find out that this program is disturbing your computer, then you can opt to disable it.
But before you plan to disable this start-up procedure, you must precisely know what is Adobe GC Invoker Utility.
What is Adobe GC Invoker Utility?
To start with, AGCInvokerUtility.exe is an executable file that is being run on the computer as a program. Adobe GC Invoker Utility is software that belongs to Adobe Systems Incorporated and its internal name is AGCInvokerUtility.exe.
This file is by default saved in the C drive under Program Files> Common Files>Adobe > Adobe GC Client. To know how it is working, all you need to do is open the Task Manager, then proceed to Startup procedures.
Do you Find GC Invoker Utility Harmful?
Under normal conditions, agcinvokerutility.exe or GC Invoker Utility will obviously cause no harm to your PC. But sometimes, while using this application, users often run into AGCInvokerUtility.exe application error or system error.
What actually happens is that some malware pretends to act like GC Invoker Utility Adobe and thus behave abruptly. This ultimately results in bringing viruses to your Windows system, especially Windows versions 7, 8, and 10. These malicious viruses generally target the software in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32.
Should I Disable Adobe GC Invoker Utility?
There is nothing new as most viruses target the PC in the form of executable files and the same happens with this too. It is found that the malicious files with the same name attack the computers and eventually affect the performance of the PC. These harmful files generally come on your PC in the form of banner ads while accessing any unsafe websites or as spam mails.
There are some cases when the malicious Adobe GC Invoker Utility fails to confirm that the data stored in it has a virus. But when you ultimately run it at the start-up, you find that the agcinvokerutility.exe file has become corrupted.
Under such critical circumstances, you need to stop running this Adobe GC Invoker Utility on your system by disabling it.
How to Disable Adobe GC Invoker Utility Startup?
If you have decided to protect your device and optimize its performance by disabling Adobe GC Invoker Utility, then lookout for the best methods to get rid of it.
Method 1: Restart your Computer Using Safe Mode
Before attempting any other methods, this is the first method that you should try. You need to restart your computer in safe mode. This is done via different steps on different versions of Windows.
Here is how to restart Windows 10 in Safe Mode:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Start key. This will open the Start menu.
- Then navigate to the Power button options and from there, try to view the Power options.
- Now, tap on the Restart button along with the Shift button on your keyboard.
- Next, click on the Troubleshoot icon on the screen.
- Then scroll to select the Startup Settings.
- Further, choose the Advanced option and from there, click on the Restart option.
- After that, choose Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Now, check if still, any performance issue exists. If so, then proceed with the following methods.
Method 2: Uninstall AGCInvokerUtility.exe Using Control Panel
For Windows 8 Users
- Press the Windows Start key along with letter C on the keyboard of the Windows 8 Operating system.
- After that, select the Settings option and then click on the Control Panel.
- Now, navigate to ‘Uninstall a Program’ option and tap on it.
- Thereafter, you have to search for the malicious agcinvokerutility.exe file.
- As soon as you get the file, click on it and then uninstall it by following an option displayed on the screen.
- Choose the Uninstall option and you are done with it.
For Windows 10 Users
- First of all, open the Start menu by pressing the Windows Start key on your keyboard.
- Then navigate to the Settings tab and choose the Apps option from the provided options.
- Next, search for the Apps and Features option and click on it using your mouse pointer.
- Now, choose the malicious file or program that is a threat to your PC, like agcinvokerutility.exe file.
- After that, right-click on it and select the Uninstall option from the drop-down list that displays.
Method 3: Uninstall AGCInvokerUtility.exe Using Task Manager
You can avoid agcinvokerutility.exe file from running at the startup simply by uninstalling or deleting the Adobe GC Invoker Utility from the Task Manager.
Check out the steps listed below to uninstall it:
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Now, navigate to the Processes tab and scroll down to find the Adobe GC Invoker Utility.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and tap on the Disable option.
Method 4: Delete All Agcinvokerutility.exe Related Files from Registry
You need to entirely delete all the agcinvokerutility.exe file collection from the registry by following the steps stated hereunder.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run tab.
- Now, go to the search bar and type ‘regedit’ in it and then click on the Enter button.
- Once the Registry opens, press Control and F button together.
- In the box that opens, type AGCInvokerUtility.exe to reveal the files.
- Now, proceed to select and delete all the malicious or dangerous files from it.
Hopefully, one of the above-discussed methods will definitely be able to solve this issue and also will help you to get rid of the malicious agcinvokerutility.exe files.